Knutson Towboat Company was founded in 1915 by Louis Knutson. "Captain Louie", as he was known, bought his first boat and had it converted to tow logs. The tug "Koos" was the first of many boats.
Captain Louie had the "Koos #2" built in 1924. Knutson Towboat Company expanded operation in 1940. Several log dumps and rafting operations were started in Coos County.
Captain Louie, named after the founder, was launched in 1960. By 1963, the Millington Log Storage Facility began operation. In 1977, we began towing for Weyerhaeuser. In 1979, we added five additional tugs. The "Koos King" was added in 1983. By 1989, we started trucking logs for International Paper and by 1980 we were hauling logs for Weyerhaeuser, as well as others. The tug "Captain Harold", named after Mr. Harold Knutson, and the tug "Humboldt" were christened in 2002.
We operate a full service machine fabrication and repair facility to enhance our ability to meet our customers needs through our various divisions.
Knutson Towboat is committed to providing its customers with the highest quality of services, on time, while maintaining a competitive price. We are a "CAN DO" company.
More company history information can be viewed at: Additional Knutson Towboat Company History
Please Note: The above additional company history link connects to a separate Internet web site published by a family member and is not the responsibility of, nor connected directly with, Knutson Towboat Company, and is for additional historical information purposes only.